Samba 3.0.1 Makefile broken on Solaris

Brian Poole raj at cerias.purdue.edu
Tue Dec 16 16:12:57 GMT 2003

Hello,

The 3.0.1 source does not compile currently on Solaris. My testing
environment was using the Forte compiler & Sun make. The problem is
in the Makefile where it tries to move some non-existent files.
This can be seen on the Samba build farm:

http://build.samba.org/?function=View+Build&host=sun1&tree=samba_3_0&compiler=cc

The error looks like:

mv: cannot access nsswitch/wb_common.po.o.o
make: *** [nsswitch/wb_common.po.o] Error 2

The output file is of course not wb_common.po.o.o, but
wb_common.po.o. Should be a relatively simple patch but I am unsure
of what the correct destination name is, so I did not make a patch.
If you just change the source name it would try to move
wb_common.po.o to wb_common.po.o and error out because they are the
same file.

This error occurs three times in the Makefile.in and was introduced
2 months ago when PICSUFFIX was added:

http://cvs.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/samba/source/Makefile.in.diff?r1=1.721&r2=1.722

Wish I had compiled a release candidate now but I was waiting for the
smbclient output fix to be put in (which unfortunately didn't make it
for 3.0.1, from what I can tell.)

-b