Pre3 -> rc1 samba spool filename now included in title when printing = cups

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Wed Dec 10 20:30:55 GMT 2003

> | Well, my windows queue monitor refuses to show any jobs at all for
rc1
> | (earlier thread), so I can't answer that :(.
>
> arggg....This works fine for me here.  Even when hitting F5 to refresh
> the list ?

Correct, jobs are not shown despite refreshes with F5.  My last post on
the matter was in this thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba-technical&m=107106104830751&w=2

The behavior has changed since pre3 (I know you applied fixes), yet it
is still incorrect for our installation.

On pre3 both the # of documents in the printers listing and the windows
queue monitor would toggle from shown to not shown.

Now in rc1 the # of documents in the printers listing is always correct,
but the windows queue monitor never shows anything.  This means users
can't pause/delete their submitted jobs, don't know where they are in
the queue, etc.  With this problem, print admin also must hit the cups
side to do anything printjob-specific.

This is on SuSE SLES 8 SP3 s/390.  Cups version is 1.1.20.  I'm anxious
to provide any specific information to you that you think may assist.
Right now we only have 15 w2k users pointing at the samba3 rc1 box, and
it's used exclusively for print (no file unless you count the print$
share).

Thanks,
~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.