It's time for 3.0.1

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Mon Dec 8 18:51:16 GMT 2003

David Collier-Brown wrote:

> /* Whether off64_t is available */
> /* #undef HAVE_OFF64_T */

An, indeed, when I run configure it says:
	checking for off64_t... no
This contradicts stdio.h:

   File       Function Line
1 stdio.h    <global>  97 typedef off_t off64_t;

The check program appears to be the following ???
---
#if defined(HAVE_UNISTD_H)
#include <unistd.h>
#endif #include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/stat.h>

main() {
         struct stat64 st;
         off64_t s;

         if (sizeof(off_t) == sizeof(off64_t))
		exit(1);
         exit((lstat64("/dev/null", &st)==0)?0:1);
}

When run on my 64-bit Solaris machine , I get:
elsbeth> cc -o foo foo.c
"foo.c", line 7: warning: old-style declaration or incorrect type for: main
"foo.c", line 11: warning: implicit function declaration: exit
elsbeth> ./foo; echo $?
0
elsbeth>

--
David Collier-Brown,       | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems,          | some people and astonish the rest.
(905) 415-2849 or x52849   | davecb at canada.sun.com