It's time for 3.0.1

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Mon Dec 8 18:32:18 GMT 2003

  I found a small Solaris-vs-configure problem in samba-3.0.1pre3,
and the 3.0.0 production release, with HAVE_OFF64_T coming out as
false in Solaris, and breaking quotas.

   I'm waiting for the customer with broken quotas to confirm
my diagnosis, but my reasoning is as follows:

---
int sys_stat(const char *fname,SMB_STRUCT_STAT *sbuf)
{
         int ret;
#if defined(HAVE_EXPLICIT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT) && defined(HAVE_OFF64_T) &&
defined(HAVE_STAT64)
         ret = stat64(fname, sbuf);
#else
         ret = stat(fname, sbuf);
#endif
---
   This causes the 32-bit stat struct to be used, and a quota
lookup to fail whenever the values are greater than 2^32.

On 64-bit Solaris 8 or 9, configure produces a config.h with:
---
* Whether large file support can be enabled */
#define HAVE_EXPLICIT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT 1

/* Whether off64_t is available */
/* #undef HAVE_OFF64_T */

/* Whether stat64() is available */
#define HAVE_STAT64 1
---

The SMB_DEV_T used will also be a 32-bit value, as
#if defined(HAVE_EXPLICIT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT) && defined(HAVE_DEV64_T)
will fail.

   I strongly suspect the configure program is getting this wrong,
and am tracing it as we speak... report as soon as I know more

--dave

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

--
David Collier-Brown,       | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems,          | some people and astonish the rest.
(905) 415-2849 or x52849   | davecb at canada.sun.com