connection.tdb IP vs. NetBIOS name

Chris Lalancette clalancette at illuminari.org
Sun Dec 7 22:07:49 GMT 2003

Jerry,
	Thanks for responding.  Actually, let's take a step back; looking
further into it, it looks like this is a problem with Win2k/WinXP clients.
For example, if I just start up smbd (again, 3.0.0, no nmbd, with the
smb.conf below), I can connect to it from a Linux client, a WinXP, and a
Win2k client by the IP address (i.e. \\192.168.0.2\temp).  With the Linux
client, once I have connected, I can run "./smbcontrol smbd ping", and I
get two replies; one from the main Samba process, and one from the Samba
process that was forked to take care of the client.  However, if I connect
from a Win2k/WinXP client, and then run the same smbcontrol statement, I
only get one reply (from the main Samba process).
	If you need any more information, or you have problems reproducing
the problem, please let me know and I can provide you more information.
	Again, the server is samba 3.0.0 running on RedHat Linux 9.

Thanks for the help,
Chris

smb.conf:

[global]