CVS update: samba4/source/ntvfs

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Dec 1 11:58:17 GMT 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 07:51:21AM +0100, Stefan Metzmacher wrote about 'Re: CVS update: samba4/source/ntvfs':
> Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> >On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 01:37:44PM +0100, Stefan Metzmacher wrote about
> >'Re: CVS update: samba4/source/ntvfs':
> >>hmm, should we really let the module decide that?
Yes. The backend nows best what API changes would break it. The whole
version_info() function becomes obsolete if we force anything.

> >Even then, you shouldn't store the interface version in the ops
> >struct.
> then I would also not store the name on the ops struct!
Why not? The name is relevant to the subsystem (it has to know which
module to use), while the version is only interesting to the module
itself.

It's about time I start to do some actual Samba programming again,
instead of discussing it :-)

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij                                              <jelmer at samba.org>