restrict list of users to access a service without domain control ler and prompt for a password

Elniema, Amin (A.E.) aelniema at ford.com
Fri Aug 22 16:11:54 GMT 2003

Hi,
	I want to setup SAMBA so that it will allow only a list of windows' users to access one share drive [vbs]. Here are the restrictions:
1- Can't attach Samba to windows domain controller.
2- users should not enter any further password to access files on the share service.
	I have created common account (vbsuser) but how to limit the users. Here is the entries on my smb.conf. Are there any parameters needed or to be changed. Thanks,

smb.conf

[global]

encrypt passwords = yes
security = user