panic in 3.0beta2 with using libnss_ldap but NOT samba ldap

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Tue Aug 5 12:35:45 GMT 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 08:13:02AM -0400, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 07:59, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Hmm -- Debian testing/unstable system?
> > $ ldd /usr/sbin/smbd |grep gnutls
> >         libgnutls.so.5 => /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.5 (0x000002000022a000)
> >         libgnutls.so.7 => /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.7 (0x00000200004f8000)
> > $
> yes but i built the samba pkg on my system using your rules - which
> might explain the funky linkage.
> (though i do get the same behaviour with the distributed binaries)

> > Debian's Samba packages are currently waiting for libcups to be
> > recompiled against the new gnutls; see Debian bug #201744.  A workaround
> > would be to disable TLS support in nss_ldap;
> no can do - i live on a hostile network

> >  in theory, running nscd
> > should also work, though I've heard of segfaults even with nscd running.
> i do run nscd - maybe i'll try getting it to populate the group list before
> trying again.

> i think i'll just build from the latest cvs for volker's fix

> thanks to all for the kind, informative responses!

If it's the GNUTLS-related crash, rebuilding Samba won't help, unless
you rebuild Samba without CUPS support.  Samba itself doesn't use gnutls
at all, but on a current Debian system, it will load two distinct
versions of that library as a result of indirect dependencies.

Your other option would be to recompile CUPS locally to use gnutls7, and
then rebuild Samba against that.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer