panic in 3.0beta2 with using libnss_ldap but NOT samba ldap

Brad Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Aug 5 12:13:06 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 07:59, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hmm -- Debian testing/unstable system?
> $ ldd /usr/sbin/smbd |grep gnutls
>         libgnutls.so.5 => /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.5 (0x000002000022a000)
>         libgnutls.so.7 => /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.7 (0x00000200004f8000)
> $
yes but i built the samba pkg on my system using your rules - which
might explain the funky linkage.
(though i do get the same behaviour with the distributed binaries)

> Debian's Samba packages are currently waiting for libcups to be
> recompiled against the new gnutls; see Debian bug #201744.  A workaround
> would be to disable TLS support in nss_ldap;
no can do - i live on a hostile network

>  in theory, running nscd
> should also work, though I've heard of segfaults even with nscd running.
i do run nscd - maybe i'll try getting it to populate the group list before
trying again.

i think i'll just build from the latest cvs for volker's fix

thanks to all for the kind, informative responses!

brad