nmbd using the wrong source address upon sending Node Status requests

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Apr 25 20:25:23 GMT 2003

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 09:12:08AM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 12:53:09AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> > > What is so bad about 'socket address' ?
> >
> > I don't have a problem with it, but I do see the argument that it is
> > another thing admins have to learn in a multi-interface situation.
>
> socket address is used for exactly this purpose in nmblookup -A.
> And before we develop some weird heuristics that will definitely fail
> in one or the other case I'd like to get that used in nmbd as well.

I don't really have any *good* reasons to argue.  It is just that my gut
reaction is that this is an awkward solution.  The problem is related
directly to the "interfaces" parameter implementation, so I feel that the
solution should be there too.

That's a weak argument at best (even with the wind behind it), so I'll
shut up now.  ;)

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org