VFS module - filter everyone etc.

Rainer Link rainer at openantivirus.org
Fri Apr 25 08:32:48 GMT 2003

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:

> #ifndef SMB_VFS_INTERFACE_VERSION
>
> ...old code...for 2.*
>
> #elif (SMB_VFS_INTERFACE_VERSION==6)
>
> #include "interface6.c"
>
> #elif (SMB_VFS_INTERFACE_VERSION==5)
>
> #include "interface5.c"
>
> #endif
>

> to have seperate vfs modules for the different samba versions
> witch talk to a standart scanner backend

Ok, yes. As my time is very limited these days I focus on bugfixing and
enhancing existing scanner support. A re-write is currently not
possible. And the users request this and that feature, but never "hey,
rewrite it" ;) The plan was to develop/maintain the 0.3.x series further
and do in parallel the re-write, the 0.4.x branch. But that won't be
possible :-(

>> lp_parm_* is for the parametric VFS options stuff? I use my own
>> samba-style configuration file currently, parsing is done via pm_process.
>

> I know would you accept a change?

Basically, yes. But, hm, what are the pro/cons of having an own
samba-sytle configuration file and the parametric VFS options directly
in smb.conf? I'm note quite sure the latter one is the better one.
Before I change this I should better ask the users of samba-vscan :-)

cheers, Rainer