VFS module - filter everyone etc.

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Thu Apr 24 20:28:46 GMT 2003

At 22:11 24.04.2003 +0200, Rainer Link wrote:
>>>Btw, you're very welcome to contribute your antivir module to the
>>>samba-vscan
>>cool, I'll thing about it
>
>Fine :)
>
>>>  project :) Unfortunately, the samba-vscan framework is currently
>>> neither completed nor documented *sigh*
>>
>>when I started with vfs_antivir I looked at the samba-vscan code...
>>But the amount of #ifdef's made me start up from the scratch :-)
>
>Most #ifdefs are for the simple reason that the VFS interface has changed
>in 2.2.x from time to time. Same for 3.0 :-)

I had in mind...:

#ifndef SMB_VFS_INTERFACE_VERSION

...old code...for 2.*

#elif (SMB_VFS_INTERFACE_VERSION==6)

#include "interface6.c"

#elif (SMB_VFS_INTERFACE_VERSION==5)

#include "interface5.c"

#endif

to have seperate vfs modules for the different samba versions
witch talk to a standart scanner backend

>Btw, when did you look at the code? Some weeks ago? Months? You may simply
>browse through the code via cvsweb.openantivirus.org/samba-vscan

months ago and 2 hours ago :-)
>lp_parm_* is for the parametric VFS options stuff? I use my own
>samba-style configuration file currently, parsing is done via pm_process.

I know would you accept a change?

metze