VFS module - filter everyone etc.

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Thu Apr 24 17:18:20 GMT 2003

At 18:33 24.04.2003 +0200, Rainer Link wrote:
>>I'll writting a tutorial and an example module,
>>witch descripes how to update 2.2 and 3.0aplha modules
>
>Good :-)
>
>>But first I'll complete the code and test it :-)
>
>Of course. If I can be of any help wrt testing, please ask.

I'll do :-)
>Thanks for your input and work on the VFS stuff! Hm, actually at least for
>2.2.8(a) it seems doing on-access scanning via VFS has more "overhead"
>than doing it as a linux kernel module. First test showed 8sec vs ~20sec.
>But I need to do some more reasearch on that.

Do you know that on a simple klick in the Windows explorer
a file is opened 3 times :-(

in my vfs_antivir module I have a cache that stores the stat buffer and

and if the times and the size didn't change the file is not scaned again.

maybe I need to add a timeout for the cached objects
maybe 5-10 secs

metze