Samba 2.2.x with small mod manages to survive three rounds in the ring with NetBench 7.0.3 and two engines on one client

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Fri Apr 18 21:29:46 GMT 2003

Hi,

After complaining about this yesterday, I grabed some large traces and
looked at things, and believe that Samba was doing the wrong things with
replies to NTCreate&X ... (specifically, setting the 0x80000 bit, which
Windows never does).

I now have a NetBench run that is on its fourth iteration ... still going
strong. Let's see.

Regards
-----