directory recursion problem

Robin.SOPER at tfeeuk.co.uk Robin.SOPER at tfeeuk.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 08:52:22 GMT 2003

Hi,

Hopefully you can help me with this one.  I am using Samba 2.2.6 on two
Solaris servers . The PC users all see all the shares as being on one
system and it implements MSDFS to redirect any shares that are physically
located on another system to the samba server on that system.  We have
been using this config successfully for a good while now, but recently
it's been getting more and more use and we are experiencing an
intermittent problem - sometimes when the users look in a directory
(windows explorer) they see a directory within it with the same, when they
open that they see a directory within it with the same name etc etc. i.e.
a kind of recursive directory thing. Meanwhile other users will be using
the samba shares with no problem. Restarting the PC seems to fix the
problem - which maybe seems to suggest it's client related?   However I am
uncertain whether the problem lies with the WindowsNT4 clients (having a
problem with DFS maybe) or with the samba server .

Can you advise/help?

Thanks in advance

Robin Soper
TotalFinaElf Exploration UK PLC