Samba 3.0 A2 LDAP

Dennis Lattka dlattka at fulcrummicro.com
Fri Sep 27 15:53:00 GMT 2002

I have a developement server running version 3.0alpha21cvs and am trying
to set it up as a PDC using LDAP to authenticate.

testparm reads the following:

Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[home]"
Loaded services file OK.
ERROR: both 'wins support = true' and 'wins server = <server>' cannot be
set in the smb.conf file. nmbd will abort with this setting.

# Global parameters
[global]
    workgroup = AVLSI
    netbios name = DEVEL
    netbios aliases = Devel
    obey pam restrictions = Yes
    password server = ldap.example.com
    pam password change = Yes
    passwd program = /usr/sbin/ldappasswd
    unix password sync = Yes
    lanman auth = No
    log level = 3
    syslog = 3
    log file = /var/log/samba
    name resolve order = dns wins bcast
    time server = Yes
    logon path = \\home\home\user\%U\WINDOWS
    logon drive = U:
    logon home = \\home\home\user\%U
    domain logons = Yes
    domain master = True
    dns proxy = No
    wins support = Yes
    ldap suffix = dc=example,dc=com
    ldap machine suffix = ou=System,dc=example,dc=com
    ldap user suffix = ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
    ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com
    ldap passwd sync = Yes
    oplocks = No
    level2 oplocks = No

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    read only = No
    browseable = No

[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    printable = Yes
    browseable = No

[home]
    comment = Home Directories
    path = /home/
    guest ok = Yes
    hosts allow = 10.0.0.0/255.255.0.0

There seems to be an issue with WINS as well as it does not seem to be
able to contact the ldap server.
(Making it difficult to do much of anything.) For the developement team,
I am more than happy to run whatever tests you may wish and look forward
to sending whatever feedback there may be, at your request. Thank you.

Dennis