removing group_rid from SAM_ACCOUNT rules out non-unix-accounts :-(

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Fri Sep 27 10:39:00 GMT 2002

Volker, we had many discussion in the past, we should really remove uid
and gid from the passdb/sam/whatever and use the SID->[u,g]id mapping to
know which is the right one.
I would like to keep the Primary group rid in the user's accounts but
that would also mean we should also integrate group handling code into
the backends.

And in my honest opinion we should get out the possibility to have
multiple backends active at the same time, I really think that  move has
put us back 6 months in development and has caused more problems than
what the pros get with such a monster.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399