removing group_rid from SAM_ACCOUNT rules out non-unix-accounts:-(

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 27 10:52:00 GMT 2002

Simo Sorce wrote:

> And in my honest opinion we should get out the possibility to have
> multiple backends active at the same time, I really think that  move has
> put us back 6 months in development and has caused more problems than
> what the pros get with such a monster.

I still don't see where you draw such a conclusion.  In the pdb code,
the multiple backends case just fell out of the design - it cost us very
little indeed.  The same applies to the new SAM stuff, it didn't impose
a significant design penelty, but was catered for.  (In the case of the
SAM, each domain must have only one backend however).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net