Baseline build project progress.

Max TenEyck Woodbury mtew at cds.duke.edu
Sat Sep 14 18:06:30 GMT 2002

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Max TenEyck Woodbury wrote:
>>
>> OK, I know responding to your own posts in a mailing list is impolite,
>> and top posting is impolite, and sending replies to the individual as well
>> as the list is considered impolite on some lists, but I'm not getting a
>> response from Andrew and I really need one...
>
> I did reply - but you apparently lost it.

Uh, it never got here, so I didn't loose it. But going into that isn't going
to help. Let's drop that, at least for the moment...

> I also don't quite see how
> this relates to the build farm.  Other than that, I've been rather
> busy...

I'm setting up a number of virtual machines with different OSs and OS
variations on them so builds can be done in those environments. I believe
that is one of (if not the main) functions of the build farm.

I've started with a virgin RH 7.2 and a patched RH 7.2 system. I have/can
get distributions and patches for 7.x and 6.2. With a little help, I should
be able to put up other Linux distributions and possibly a FreeBSD
distribution as well, but I need to establish a priority list since I can
not do them all at once. I also need to schedule the builds since having more
than one virtual machine up at a time is probably going to put more load
on the base system than I can handle, particularly since it has other uses
too.

max at mtew.adsl.duke.edu or mtew at cds.duke.edu