stange w98 behaviour downloading printer drivers

Francesco Mosca askmosca at tin.it
Fri Sep 13 17:07:00 GMT 2002

Il ven, 2002-09-13 alle 18:51, Gerald Carter ha scritto:
> On 12 Sep 2002, Francesco Mosca wrote:
>
> > i've set up some printers in my samba domain (2.2.6pre2) and
> > successfully uploaded drivers from a w2k workstation, according to the
> > how-to, both for win2000 and win98. I used AppleLW Color 12/600 PS
> > drivers, because i need _color_ postscript support. the problem is:
>
> Where did you get these drivers from ?  If you can tell me how to get them
> I'll try to reproduce the bug.

for the apple drivers:
http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/DOS-Windows/Printing/LaserWriter_for_Windows_95/LW95_422.ZIP

i even tried with other hp drivers:
LaserJet 8500 PS
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?targetPage=ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/software/lj835en.exe

and LaserJet 4500 PS
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?targetPage=ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/software/lj477en.exe

i've uploaded the drivers from a w2k workstation client, under
"sharing", choosing "win 98". when asked for the .inf file, i've
specified the one from the packages above.

thanks for your help

Francesco