Group mapping information stored in LDAP some day?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Sep 12 12:23:01 GMT 2002

Volker Lendecke wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 01:44:12PM +0200, Joachim.Tork at gad.de wrote:
> > Unfortunately the group mapping information is stored in an extra
> > simple database/file group_mapping.tdb.
> >
> > Is it possible and intended to put this information in a LDAP Server, too,
> > so you have only database to maintain ?
>
> Yes, that is definitely intended, at least by me. But as always, time... :-(

Depending on development progress, this may be implemented as a quick
hack (basicly transferring the tdb into ldap calls) or as part of the
new SAM subsystem a number of people are working on.  Either way, this
is needed for the SAM replication to make any sense, somthing we are
hoping to get into 3.0

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net