PR #s 25271, 25273, 25445 security=domain does not work onSolaris

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Sep 9 14:15:01 GMT 2002

Tim Allen wrote:

> The first bug submission was rejected, as SPAM
> The second was rejected, no reason given.
> The third one is still incoming.
>
> I have posted to this group in the past and been told that the behavior
> I'm seeing is not correct. My main file server (Samba/Linux) does not
> behave this way (similar smb.conf). Can anyone advise me what's wrong
> with my bug submissions. I don't want to waste anyone's time but this is
> either a program bug or a documentation bug (I've read the FAQs, docs,
> and mailing list archives- did I miss something?). Does someone need to
> sponsor my bug.
>
> http://bugs.samba.org/?findid=25271
>
> http://bugs.samba.org/?findid=25273
>
> http://bugs.samba.org/?findid=25445

You need to include *much* more detail in a bug report, if you want to
see it taken seriously.  samba-bugs should really only be used for
'confirmed' bugs, once all configuratoin and version issues have already
been delt with.  We simply do not have the resources to handle such
vauge issues.

So, it appears that your machine does not have a valid account in the
domain.  Have you tried with Samba 2.2.5?  There have been byte order
issues in this area previously.  Have you examined the logs on both
servers, during both the join and a failed authenticaion?

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net