Win2K as domain member to a Samba-head PDC decides it can't load your profiles?

Nick Schuetz Nick at TheLinuxShack.com
Tue Oct 29 06:08:01 GMT 2002

Yes I have, this morning as a matter a fact. I don't know what caused it
(maybe daylight savings). I fixed it by stopping then starting Samba
(not restarting) the first time it happend. The second time it happened
starting and stopping (not restarting) didn't work so I  unplugged
(cutting off the power supply to) the client machine for 5 + seconds
clearing memory and booted up into my profile just fine.

btw this happend on
RH 2.4.18-10smp kernel
samba 2.2.3a
Windows XP Serv Pack 1/2000 Serv Pack 3 clients.

Nick