libsmbclient not building on HP-UX

Priya Pharate priya.pharate at xcelvision.com
Wed Oct 23 09:50:05 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am not able to build libsmbclient on HP-UX.

I downloaded the tar but running configure --with-libsmbclient shows
this error:

ERROR: No seteuid method available

Configure was trying to build the Makefile with 'cc' as the compiler.
After searching for answers on this mailing list archive and elsewhere
on the net, it seems the the problem is due to the 'cc' compiler not
being ANCI-C-compliant. So I changed this line in config.cache to take
gcc:
ac_cv_prog_CC=${ac_cv_prog_CC=gcc}
(Is this correct?)

Now, running configure aborts with the message:

checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
cannot create executables.

These are the messages in config.log: