net ads join
P Ranjit Kumar
ranjit at cup.hp.com
Thu Nov 28 00:02:00 GMT 2002
I don't know if you were helped. But, Here is what you need to do to join
1. you need a user in ADS with administrator privileges.
2. Support you have a user "joinuser" with Administrators membership. Create
the same user id on Unix too.
3. Run kinit to make sure your set up is proper. Times are in sync,
krb5.conf is proper etc.,
4. Now after you run kinit, set your LOGNAME environment variable to
5. Net join should be successful. If there is a time sync problem, set the
TZ env variable to GMT.
That should correct the problem.
ranjit at hp.com
HP CIFS Team
More information about the samba-technical