netibios name len

Paolo Abeni paolo.abeni at TILAB.COM
Thu Nov 21 14:19:00 GMT 2002

hi there,

I had some troubles while configuring a samba printer. The "host"
component of the netbios resource name was longer than 15 bytes and my
smbclient (version 2.2.5) truncates the netbois host name at that
length.

Looking at rfc 1002 I have found a 64 byte limit for resource name, but
apparently there is no strict constraint for the host name, so I thought
it could be useful to remove this hard-coded limit and admit 64 byte
long netbios names. is it right???

I've attached a small patch against 2.2.7 source that does this...

	Paolo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to MailAdmin at tilab.com. Thank you