Unable to authenticate with security=ADS

ZINKEVICIUS,MATT (HP-Loveland,ex1) matt.zinkevicius at hp.com
Fri Nov 15 01:46:01 GMT 2002

Starting up winbindd allows me to login!! I need to make sure that this
isn't just letting samba fall back to the old passthru style authentication.
Is there a quick way to tell which way it authenticated? Probably I can find
it in a debug level 10 log.

> [global]
>         realm = CONSUMOMS.ARANEA.COM.MX
>         ads server = MSKDC1.CONSUMOMS.ARANEA.COM.MX
>         security = ads
>         workgroup = CONSUMOMS
>
> [personal]
>         path = %H
>         writable = yes
>
> but I didn't see any info for realm and ads server in your smb.conf

Look again ;-) I have security = ads, ads server = IP address, and realm =
"" (samba autodetects).

Thanks for all your help Alberto!
--Matt