'wbinfo -t' kills winbindd (3.0-alpha17)

Dan Coppock danno at stbernard.com
Wed Mar 27 08:30:03 GMT 2002

FYI,

I believe there may be a rogue cli_shutdown(cli) call in
winbindd_check_machine_acct() (nsswitch/winbindd_misc.c).

If I run 'wbinfo -t' a few times in succession, winbindd will exit,
reporting a file descriptor problem with select.  Using ktrace, I can see
that fd 0 is getting closed a few times when winbindd_check_machine_acct()
is called.  After removing the cli_shutdown call, I can check the machine
account repeatedly, with no apparent side effects.  The cli reference looks
to be obtained from a cache entry, from within the preceding
cm_get_netlogon_cli() call.  I'm guessing that this particular client
structure was getting shutdown multiple times (or, too early).

Can anyone see problems with my solution?

I'm speaking only for my winbindd environment: 3.0-alpha17, FreeBSD 4.4.

Thanks,

- Dan Coppock
  St. Bernard Software
  858-524-2131