setting up samba server for remote printer driver download

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 21 21:15:01 GMT 2002

I think Tim had recently mentioned that setting up a Samba print server for
remote driver download via imprints was broken due to the error mapping
problem in rpcclient spoolss stuff.    I haven't had much success doing the
equivalent (installing the drivers remotely to the Samba server download
area and configuring the driver properties for the spooler) via the Windows
2000 Add Printer Wizard or printui utility.     Do most people setup
printer download via imprints? but if so I am surprised more people haven't
mentioned the problem in 2.2.x that Tim was mentioning.   Looks like the
merge of the 3.0 fixes to 2.2.x in the spoolss rpcclient code is
non-trivial.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center - IBM Austin