NT Password Change Behavior

Osama Dengler osama at denglernet.de
Wed Mar 20 15:13:04 GMT 2002

Am 20 Mar 2002, um 11:50 Uhr schrieb Jeremy Allison zum Thema Re: NT Password Change Behavior:
Dazu meine Meinung:

I implemented a password filter dll that runs on a NT4 PDC. No
matter what client OS (Win9x, NT, 2k) generated the password
change request, the password filter always got the new cleartext
password. Off course not the old one :-) So if You dont't fear to
change the user's password _as root_ You are fine.

Just my 2 cents,
Osama

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 04:14:53PM -0600, Matt Pavlovich wrote:
>
> > 2) There is no way to force all clients (9x,NT,2k,XP) to behave in the
> > same way (pass PDC clear text of new password)
>
> All these clients do pass the cleartext of the new password
> (ie. they use the modern password change RPC calls).
>
> So it is possible.
>
> Jeremy.

---
Osama Dengler