Failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON

David Lechnyr david at hr.uoregon.edu
Mon Mar 11 08:45:02 GMT 2002

Hello all,

When two of our WinXP clients log on to our Samba box running as a PDC,
the logon script is not running.  Instead, the server log (debug 2)
generates this:

	api_net_sam_logon: Failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON.
	api_rpcTNP: api_netlog_rpc: NET_SAMLOGON failed.

However, they have full access to the PDC (view/edit files and print),
and can run the logon script manually
(\\servername\netlogon\scriptname.bat).  Our other WinXP clients are not
experiencing this problem and the logon script is running fine.  We
have:

        logon drive = h:
        logon home = "\\servername\%U"
        logon script = nifty.bat

Any ideas as to why this would occur, or what the error message
indicates (other than what _appears_ to be the first impression)?

Thanks,
- David Lechnyr