please use TNG lists for TNG discussion & development. thank you.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba-tng.org
Sat Mar 9 05:29:05 GMT 2002

andrew,

please could you not post discussion of samba issues on the
tng mailing lists, _especially_ in areas where work already
done is being duplicated and has already been done.

the tng mailing lists are for _future and current_ development
and discussion of TNG.

it is extremely distressing for me to have to watch - as has
been proven time and time and time again - history repeating
itself as it has done so many times, over nmbd multiworkgroup
and wins server issues dating back to 1996, over nt domain
issues for the last four years.

specifically, it is extremely distressing because of the amount
of time and money that could have been saved by those people
funding the samba project by making use of my work, especially
given that my financial position is so restrictive that i am
having to work on a building site in order to make ends meet.

so please if you have any specific questions or areas of work
that need to be done, please find someone to pay me to do the
work or to answer the questions, as this will lessen the burden
on me and will also get you your answers very quickly.

until that occurs, please ensure that the issues you wish to
discuss on tng mailing lists are related to _future_ development
and _current_ discussion _of_ tng and tng only, rather than
searching in the past of tng's development for information
that will get you "up to speed" with TNG's static, unchanging
and under-funded status, some time over the next two years.

nothing personal, i just can't take these reminders for very
much longer.

thanks,

luke

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 10:54:14PM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Peter Samuelson wrote:
> >
> > [Frederic Descamps]
> > > I'would like to create this system, but what is the best solution (tng,
> > > samba, head, winbind,...) ?
> > [...]
> > > I would like to have a "trust" between domains to allow user from domain
> > > B to join domain B with a WS from domain A.
> >
> > Trusts should be working both directions in TNG, and reportedly also in
> > Samba HEAD, but *not* in Samba 2.2.  You need very recent CVS checkouts
> > of either one (Elrond just fixed something about trusts today, in TNG).
>
> The HEAD stuff is very basic at the moment (but proven functional!), and
> should advance relitivly quickly to match TNG's support in most
> regards.
>
> Is there a CVSweb of Samba TNG?  It would be nice if it was a bit easier
> to keep track of changes, so I don't miss the important stuff.  That,
> and raid the 'build farm' scripts for history tracking and it would be
> really easy!
>
> Andrew Bartlett
>
> --
> Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
> Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
> Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net
> http://samba.org     http://build.samba.org     http://hawkerc.net

this message is private, confidential, and is intented for
the specified recipients only.  if you received, altered,
deleted, modified, destroyed or interfered with the
contents of this message, in whole or in part, please
inform the sender (that's me), immediately.

if you, the recipient, reply to this message, and do not
then receive a response, please consider your reply to have
been lost or deliberately destroyed: i *always* acknowledge
personal email received.  please therefore take appropriate
action to ensure effective communication.

thank you.