proposal: libsmbclient functionality addition

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Jun 18 08:39:43 GMT 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Tom Jansen wrote:

> > The next big set of changes I need to make are allowing one program to
> > instantiate multiple clients. This is something that is needed ...
>
> That would result in? reentrant code ? or just the cache lookup/maintenance
> outside of libsmbclient.c? I've done some work on the last one but it's not done
> yet.

Here, I want to make it possible for people do do:

  smbc_handle1 = smbc_init(client_name1);

    ... a bunch of ops using smbc_handle1;

  smbc_handle2 = smbc_init(client_name1);

    ... a bunch of ops using smbc_handle2

That is, a single program can pretend to be multiple clients.

Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org,
sharpe at ethereal.com