Buglet report 2.2.3-pre

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 16 09:34:03 GMT 2002

Compilation problem on SAMBA_2_2 CVS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night (UK time), I checked out the SAMBA_2_2 branch and built it OK.
(On Solaris 2.6, 7, 8, but OS seems irrelevant.)  In particular the very
end of the build was:

   Linking bin/winbindd
   Compiling nsswitch/winbind_nss.c with -fpic
   Compiling nsswitch/wb_common.c with -fpic
   Linking nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so

This morning I did an update to this.  The end of the build had an extra
component (which appears to be a genuine bugfix), but a new problem:

   Linking bin/winbindd
   Compiling nsswitch/winbind_nss.c with -fpic
   Compiling nsswitch/winbind_nss_solaris.c with -fpic
   In file included from ../nsswitch/winbind_nss_solaris.c:15:
   ../nsswitch/winbind_nss_config.h:136: warning: `ZERO_STRUCTP' redefined
   ../include/smb_macros.h:48: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
   Linking nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so

The cause is probably simple: ZERO_STRUCTP has two "#define"s, one in
"include/smb_macros.h", the other in "nsswitch/winbind_nss_config.h".
Close by, there are some similar double definitions also.  Each pair
probably needs reducing to a single, but this particular one has two
different expansions, so needs extra attention.

Sorry, I'm not enclosing a "diff" to fix this, but I don't know these
areas of the source code well enough to know which definition is
redundant.  (Or whether different ".c" files might fail if one or the
other of the ".h" definitions were to be removed...)

Hope that helps.