error - mounting from Windows 95

Neil Hoggarth neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 06:22:04 GMT 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Darin DeCounter wrote:

> We're in the process of installing/configuring samba.  I'm at 1.9 Step 8
> (everything else seems to have checked out up to this point).  When I try
> to mount a disk with Windows 95 (by typing c:\windows\> net use g:
> \\testsrv\ads from the 'run' line), it gives an error msg
>
> "Cannot find the file 'c:\windows\>' (or one of it's components).

Hi Darin,

<samba-technical at lists.samba.org> is for technical discussion between
Samba developers - in future, please use <samba at lists.samba.org> for
support type questions.

You are only supposed to type "net use (etc ...)" at the Windows command
line; "c:\windows\>" is what the writer of the documentation expected
your Windows command prompt to look like, and isn't something that you
are supposed to type yourself.

Regards,
--
Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth at physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology