NamedPipe DCE/RPC struct split

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Mon Jan 14 10:07:31 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 01:22:26AM +1000, Mike McCormack wrote:

> Hi Simo,
>
> I'm going to ask a simple technical question.
>
> I want access to all the named pipes Samba doesn't need.
> I'm not interested in "embrace and extend"ing Samba.
> I'm not interesting trying to change Wine's license.
> I want to provide Named Pipe endpoints though port 139 somehow.
>
> Simple Technical Question:
>
> Will the Samba Team consider accepting a patch that gives access
> (via Samba) to NBT Named Pipes though a unix domain socket as a
> standard feature of Samba?

I want to make clear that personally I have no political objection to help any individual, group or company.

The only thing that make a patch acceptable is that it has to be well coded, does not break any functionality or introduce any security problem.

I think this is also the vision of the other members of the team.

Simo Sorce       idra at samba.org