NamedPipe DCE/RPC struct split

Mike McCormack mike_mccormack at start.com.au
Mon Jan 14 07:34:07 GMT 2002

Hi Simo,

I'm going to ask a simple technical question.

I want access to all the named pipes Samba doesn't need.
I'm not interested in "embrace and extend"ing Samba.
I'm not interesting trying to change Wine's license.
I want to provide Named Pipe endpoints though port 139 somehow.

Simple Technical Question:

Will the Samba Team consider accepting a patch that gives access
(via Samba) to NBT Named Pipes though a unix domain socket as a
standard feature of Samba?

Mike

>> Samba Team: Wine can never be licensed under GPL, because it is
>> designed to run Windows binaries.
>
>You are totally wrong here.
>You could easily use a GPL-LGPL mixed licenses for WINE.

btw. That's your opinion, i consider it incorrect, and like you said,
this is
a technical list.

mailto:Mike_McCormack at start.com.au
ph +82 16 430 0425