Smbmount broken?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Fri Jan 4 19:53:02 GMT 2002

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Urban Widmark wrote:
> > HEAD is causing more trouble, and I got stuck trying to get that to work
> > properly.
> >
> > HEAD does some funky negotiation thing that fails for me vs win2k. One
> > part is that if you have dos errors it doesn't understand the error code
> > to continue with a second session setup (ERRDOS - ERRmoredata doesn't map
> > to NT_STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUIRED), but mapping that to the excpected
> > error code still fails. Possibly because the ntlmssp(?) negotiation
> > switches unicode or something back on.
>
> I've fixed ERRmoredata to map to NT_STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUIRED, but
> that doesn't fix the problems - smbclient still doesn't work with both
> DOS errors and SPNEGO. (so smbmount won't either I presume)
>
> What I did for my ERRMAPEXTRACT smbtorture test was to set
> cli->use_spnego = False, which makes things sane again.

I've added a quick fix for this, vance has confirmed that it works.

We probably should add some smarts to libsmb not to try this
combination, but that would require libsmb's users to declare their
intentions upfront (which is just a matter of getting
cli->force_dos_errors before the negprot, where this is decided).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net