Smbmount broken?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Fri Jan 4 19:13:06 GMT 2002

Urban Widmark wrote:
> HEAD is causing more trouble, and I got stuck trying to get that to work
> properly.
>
> HEAD does some funky negotiation thing that fails for me vs win2k. One
> part is that if you have dos errors it doesn't understand the error code
> to continue with a second session setup (ERRDOS - ERRmoredata doesn't map
> to NT_STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUIRED), but mapping that to the excpected
> error code still fails. Possibly because the ntlmssp(?) negotiation
> switches unicode or something back on.

I've fixed ERRmoredata to map to NT_STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUIRED, but
that doesn't fix the problems - smbclient still doesn't work with both
DOS errors and SPNEGO. (so smbmount won't either I presume)

What I did for my ERRMAPEXTRACT smbtorture test was to set
cli->use_spnego = False, which makes things sane again.

> And HEAD as a smb server always seems to talk unicode (no matter what the
> client says). I don't know if it is an intentional move to drop support
> for older clients or if the plan is to add that back later on. Or if it is
> just something with the new session setup code.

We *should* only be doing unicode if negotiated...

> Making smbfs understand nt status codes shouldn't be that difficult, I'll
> just do the mappings samba does. But I'd rather avoid the 14k translation
> tables, or at least move them to some smbfs_old_server module. Does anyone
> know what servers that only does dos errors? win9x? OS/2? NetApp's?

I would have assumed most of those (and win9x 'servers' are used
surprisingly often) but check.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net