Fwd: Samba and referrals in LDAP

Marshall, Joshua MarshallJ at switch.aust.com
Wed Feb 27 21:13:01 GMT 2002

Hi Andrew / Gerry,

Sorry for previously nagging to getting this patch in...

I'm not certain whether it's specific to OpenLDAP. A quick search on the
function call ldap_set_rebind_proc() brought up the Netscape SDK and has
the same parameters for that call and the rebind procedure call.

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/dirsdk/csdk30/funct106.htm

So I assume that it's a general feature of LDAP. This document also states
that referrals are followed unauthenticated unless the rebind procedure is
followed.

Regards,

Joshua Marshall
Systems Support Engineer