ANY HOPE GETTING RESPONSE TO QUESTIONS? - samba3.0alpha15 - s olaris 8

David Edward Shapiro David.Edward.Shapiro at btitele.com
Wed Feb 27 06:58:05 GMT 2002

I have sent the questions and have seen the question from other people, but
I do not see a lot of replying, which is why I put the uppercasing.  Thanks
for replying.  I included the attachments before, but apparently you did not
get them on your end.  The list cuts attachments off?  Anyway, enterprise is
a solaris samba server.  The pdc is an NT server.   Enterprise is where I
had to create the user in its /etc/passwd file.  It has been configured with
winbind.

David

First, don't shout when you set the subject. It just looks like spam.

>*	Why does testparm complain about can't find include file?
>	Can't find include file

Something tells me that you have an include line in your conf file in the
form of
	include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%m
which it tries to include, for every machine that accesses your server, and
of course fails, since there is no smb.conf.<machinename>.

>	Note: If I add the user davidsha in /etc/passwd (i.e.,
>davidsha:x:1019:1000:NT User:/dev/null:/bin/false) and then run smbclient
-L
>enterprise -U INS+DavidSha, I get a list of shares?!?  If I remove the
>davidsha entry the smbclient command fails

Do you mean to say that enterprise is a samba server on which you make the
user, or is it some other machine? (Not too clear what machine is client and

server). If so, take a look at the non-unix-accounts thingy that abartlet
wrote. (I'd give more info, but I haven't had time to look at it, so I don't

really know what's going on with it)