vfs-module lincense

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Wed Feb 27 07:20:08 GMT 2002

How does that apply to VFS modules that are dynamically linked, and referred
to in smb.conf via the "vfs object" tag? By including dynamically linked
libraries, this implies that Samba's license controls that of libc,
libcrypt, libnsl, and many others. I don't believe it does.

Perhaps you are referring to the other type of VFS "module": One that is
linked directly into Samba as a .o file, in the same way smbd/vfs.o is. I
agree that such modules are controlled by Samba's license.