samba as a 64 bit app - Was: stdio in smbd

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Wed Feb 27 06:05:11 GMT 2002

Eric Dirks wrote:

> I've gotten samba compiled as a 64bit app and I think it has "disappeared" the 256 sun stdio problem
> (although I only tried a simple test which is not conclusive). I did find at least one structure
> alignment problem in the code for share_mode_entry data handling which makes me think that they may
> be other similar problems elsewhere.
>
> Has anyone else tried compiling samba as a 64 bit app and is there any data of how stable it should
> be?

	I have built most older Sambae as 64-bit apps
	using Sun (Forte) cc, but only done
	light-usage testing. My main samba server
	is at home these days, and it's a 32-bit
	app built with gcc.

--dave
Performance & Engineering      | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering, |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com