small (very ) compilation speedup

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Fri Feb 22 18:17:02 GMT 2002

Tim Potter wrote:

>On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 04:31:33PM +0100, Andreas Moroder wrote:
>
>>it was clear to me that real optimization is only possible by rearanging the
>>sourcecode, but this is a hard work. The first thing to do, should be to use
>>only the really necessary include files in the different sources and to have
>>dependencies in the makefile. This means that it is necessary to split
>>proto.h.
>>

>That is indeed the best way to do this.  mbp estimated 60,000 lines of
>unnecessary header files per .c file compiled.

Dependencies in the makefile would be nice as well. We have extended
winbindd (for technical reasons) and ran into a problem that would have
been solved if we had some dependencies in the makefile.

--
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, rsharpe at samba.org, sharpe at ethereal.com
www.samba.org, www.ethereal.com, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba