ld.so.1: ls: fatal: relocation error: file /lib/nss_winbind.s o.1: symbol socket: referenced symbol not found

Thomas, Daniel J. Daniel.Thomas at jhuapl.edu
Thu Feb 21 06:22:03 GMT 2002

I'm having the same ls -l problems.  Can I confirm the following:

The Makefile should read:
WINBIND_NSS_OBJ = nsswitch/winbind_nss.o nsswitch/wb_common.o
nsswitch/winbind_nss_solaris.o

(Mine does already)

Then I recreate the Symbolic link for /lib/nss_winbind.so.1 and add the
-lsocket option when creating the symbolic link?

-Dan

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:58:34AM -0500, David Edward Shapiro wrote:
> When we run ls -la now after installing samba 3.0 with winbind support, we
> get the following error:
>
> ld.so.1: ls: fatal: relocation error: file /lib/nss_winbind.so.1: symbol
> socket: referenced symbol not found
>

> Originally winbind was not working, but I changed the following in the
> Makefile:
>

> WINBIND_NSS_OBJ = nsswitch/winbind_nss.o nsswitch/wb_common.o
> reads:
>
> WINBIND_NSS_OBJ = nsswitch/winbind_nss.o nsswitch/wb_common.o
> nsswitch/winbind_nss_solaris.o

Relink nss_winbind.so.1 and add -lsocket to the link line. This will
resolve the problem above.

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)