winbindd_idmap.tdb recovery

Martin.Sheppard at csiro.au Martin.Sheppard at csiro.au
Sat Feb 9 23:39:08 GMT 2002

I'll just add my 2 cents into this discussion. I know it wouldn't suit
everybody, but in my organisation it would seem that the most appropriate
place to store the UID mapping is by having a UID field for user objects in
Active Directory. That way you get a consistent mapping across the
organisation without going to the trouble of writing your own distributed
database. It also gives you the possibility of looking at using either
nss_ldap or winbind on the clients depending on which is more appropriate.

Has any thought been given to having winbind be able to operate in this way?

Cheers,

Martin.