utf8-mac patch

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.gr.jp
Thu Feb 7 08:55:05 GMT 2002

The DJ wrote:
>I've been trying to get this patch (utf8-mac) into 2.2.3, but
>apparently the patching doesn't fail for nothing. Quite some things
>seem to be changed.
>
>Could you, or someone else tell me what I need to do to get this baby
>working?

The patch you've seen is for **old** HEAD branch so it can not be
simply applied to the Samba 2.2.3.
The patch itself is too old. Now Samba Users Group Japan created a new
conversion table for utf8-mac based on

  http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1150table.html

and integrated it into Samba 2.2.2-ja (Japanese Edition).

If you want to apply, you had better start to get diff between Samba
2.2.2 and Samba 2.2.2-ja available from
  http://ftp.samba.gr.jp/pub/samba-2.2.2-ja/.

Basically this can be treated same as original one.

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org
Samba Team - http://samba.org/     Samba-JP - http://www.samba.gr.jp/
JWNTUG - http://www.jwntug.or.jp/  Analog-JP - http://www.jp.analog.cx/