errors in smb.conf manpage for smaba 3 ?

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy at sam-solutions.net
Tue Feb 5 05:39:24 GMT 2002

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 08:32:44AM +0100, Mats olsson wrote:

> Do you know how it works with libc 2.1 and the standalone libiconv should
> it be the same or do i have to upgrade the libc??
It should work with Glibc 2.1 as well, although number of supported
encodings will be lower. As for standalone libiconv, yes it would work though
I've heard about some situations when Samba's configure failed to detect presence of
it on FreeBSD boxes. No real info though, people who reported this seem to
forget to answer :(

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Software architect and analyst             // SaM-Solutions Ltd.