XP problems

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Sun Feb 3 00:37:29 GMT 2002

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:

> I've just upgraded to windows XP and have noticed that downloads are
> just as normal but uploading data to shares seems very slow.  I am
> running FreeBSD, so this may be related to the problem Mike
> Silbersack and I were trying to track down earlier.  I have a -d9
> debug of when I'm trying to put an mpeg on my samba server, but don't
> want to post it to the list since its 100k compressed.  There are a
> lot of other files listed in the log that I don't recognize and don't
> know why they are being accessed, but that's another thread.  Any
> ideas would be helpful.
>
> --
> David W. Chapman Jr.

Please grab a tcpdump of a slow connection also and post it somewhere
where I can grab it when I get a chance.  That's probably the first place
we should be looking.

(Had I done that to begin with, I would have noticed that my hardware
corrupting packets was the core of my problem.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack