Samba 2.2.2 problems (call_nt_transact_ioctl)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Fri Feb 1 03:56:03 GMT 2002

Ed Wilson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen similar posts about this problem. I am receiving a large number
> of error messages in my log file. I use samba to communicate with Windows
> XP and 2000 clients. I have intermittent problems when printing from a
> Windows Box, sometimes Samba will print fine, other times it won't process
> the job and fail with messages in my logs. Details from by box:

Well, the SIG11 will do all sorts of nasty things - its a Samba bug, and
its not nice.

Can you try with current 2.2 CVS and see if you can reproduce it?  If so
we *really* want to know about it.  Also, if you could up the debug
level and add a suitable 'panic action' a stack backtrace could be a
useful reference.  (set panic action = /bin/sleep 9000, and use that to
allow you to gdb the process).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net